Here at Moukawsher & Walsh, LLC we have exceptional employee benefits lawyers that handle ERISA claims, class action lawsuits, and disability claims. Our disability lawyers have a vast knowledge of representing clients in all types of situations. We have dedicated our practice to the representation of individuals in employee benefit-related claims, whether it is a wrongful benefit denial letter you just received, or a long term disability benefit appeal you need help with. We have successfully represented clients across the nation in claims against some of the largest and well-known companies in America, such as Exxon, Verizon Communications, General Dynamics, Chevron, and Pfizer.
Today, employee benefits, such as health insurance, 401(k) plans, disability insurance, etc. play an even more important role in our day-to-day lives. Most aspects of employee benefits are governed by a federal law known as "ERISA." ERISA, more formally known as The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, requires that employers who offer their employees benefits and pensions conform to some basic legal requirements. Sometimes employers or their designees, like insurance companies, HMOs or investment firms, do not follow the rules set by ERISA. If your ERISA rights have been violated, you may have recourse under ERISA's enforcement provisions.
Moukawsher & Walsh, LLC is well equipped to represent individuals and groups, both small and large, in the diverse array of claims to which ERISA applies. These claims include:
- Claims for 401(k) losses,
- Claims for payment of employee benefits due to you,
- Claims for misrepresentations by employers regarding your benefits options,
- Claims against HMOs and insurance companies for wrongful denials of benefits,
- Claims for improper denial of COBRA benefits,
- Claims for benefits discrimination,
- Claims for fraud, theft and mismanagement of pension funds and 401(k) accounts,
- Claims for Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance denials and disability claims, and
- Claims regarding cash balance plans.
Nothing in this website is a promise or guarantee about the outcome of any case. We make no promises or guarantees. Cases are decided on their own facts and we cannot imply that our previous success will result in us winning your case.
Please read our disclaimer.